New Enneagram Test

I've discovered this test on a foreign site and took the time to translate it into English. It's highly unlikely that you have ever taken this Enneagram test before, so here's the opportunity. Grab a piece of paper and a pen and follow the instructions below.

This Enneagram test will help you determine your own typology, as well as that of your friends and relatives with an accuracy of more than 70%.
For each of the 12 questions, choose only one option (it will be specified when you can choose more than one) that you consider best suited for you.


A. It’s important for me to (max. 3 options)

1. Do everything as close to perfection as possible.
2. Be appreciated for what I offer to those around me.
3. To be the best at everything that I do.
4. Be different and do things that make me feel special.
5. Have a great knowledge and a niche of my own.
6. To do the right thing and be loyal.
7. Feel good with myself and avoid suffering.
8. Be strong.
9. Harmony is essential for me. The perfect life means the absence of conflict.

B. Attitude

1. I follor my instincts.
2. I always calculate the possible consequences of my actions.
3. My actions seek to influence other people’s opinions of me.

C. Ideal holiday

1. As far away of noise and people as possible.
2. At the beach in peak-season.
3. I don’t really like hanging around and not being useful.

D. I chose my current profession because (max. 3 options)

1. I’m very well prepared and good at what I do.
2. I can help people.
3. It helps me be successful in life.
4. My work allows me to truly express myself.
5. I have enough quiet and can perfect myself.
6. It’s an honorable and stable profession / I’m following a family tradition.
7. I really enjoy what I’m doing / it makes me feel alive.
8. I can be in charge / be an authority.
9. I’m not pressed by time and by my superiors.

E. Eating habits

1. I only eat when I’m hungry, in little amounts, and I enjoy salty and rather bitter foods.
2. I eat at refular hours, slowly, I savour the food and love sweets.
3. I eat on the go, sometimes I more or less savour my food, depending on my disposition. There are times when I forget to eat (when I’m preoccupied by something).

F. Inclination for addictions and nutrition problems (max. 3 options)

1. Excessive use of diets, vitamins and purifying techinques ( fasting, diet pills, bowel washouts). Malnutrition for self-control. In extreme cases, anorexia and bulimia. Alcohol, to lower tension.

2. Excessive eating and self-medicating. Addiction to sweets and carbohydrates. Overeating to compensate emotional frustration. Hypochondria to attact love and attention.

3. Overloading in order to attain success. Work until burnout. Starvation diets. Workaholism. Excessive consume of coffee, stimulants, amphetamines, cocaine, steroids or too many cosmetic surgeries.

4. Immoderated appetite for fatty foods and sweets, alcohol to change disposition or to help socializing, and possibly emotional frustration. Lack of physical activity. Bulimia. Tobacco, prescription drugs or heroin for social phobia. Cosmetic surgery to correct unpleasant features.

5. Unhealthy sleeping and eating habits as a result of minimizing needs. Neglection of personal hygiene and nutrition. Lack of physical activity. Psychotropic drugs for mental stimulation, narcotics to alleviate anxiety.

6. Rigid regimes that cause nutritional unbalance (‘I don’t like vegetables’). Workaholism. Cafeine and amphetamines for energy, then alcohol and antidepressants to alleviate anxiety. Higher incidence of alcoholism than in any other type.

7. Highest predisposition for addictions: stimulants (cafeine, cocaine and amphetamines), Ecstasy, psychotropic drugs, narcotics and alcohol, but tends to avoid antidepressives. Burnout caused by excess activity. Excessive cosmetic surgery and use of pain relievers.

8. Ignores physical needs and problems: avoids regular medical controls. Indulgence for fatty foods, alcohol, tobacco combined with physical overloading leads to high levels of stress, heart attacks and other cardiac problems. Self-control issues, although alcohol and narcotics dependency also possible.

9. Either deficient or excessive alimentation, due to lack of self-consciousness and repressed anger. Lack of physical activity. Antidepressants and psychotropic drugs, alcohol, marijuana, narcotics to kill anxiety and feelings of loneliness.

G. What I really dislike (max. 2 options)

1. To be surprised while being angry / enraged
2. Not being able to help others
3. Not being admired or noticed
4. Being considered ordinary or common
5. That others barge into my life, uninvited
6. Unfainess and betrayal
7. Suffering
8. That things get out of my control
9. Conflict and tension

H. Time

1. Is very important to me and feels like it’s always running out too quickly
2. I have enough time to do everything I want to do
3. Time management is not something I’m concerned with

I. Keywords

1. Perfectionist, responsible
2. Care, love
3. Achievement, success
4. Beautiful, different
5. Detached, knowledgeable
6. Integrated, loyal
7. Free, happy
8. Power, domination
9. Peaceful, calm

J. Talking style

1. Moralising, pedantic
2. Flattering, counseling
3. Courteous, inspiring
4. Lyrical, whining
5. Explanatory, syntetical
6. Worrying, warning
7. Voluble, story-telling
8. Provocative, frank
9. Monotonous, vague

K. What concerns me more in life

1. The way I’m treated by other people
2. Myself – the way I look and react
3. My attitude / philosophy of life

L. Which color I prefer

1. Red
2. Orange
3. Yellow


Scoring instructions


Give yourself 10 points for every typology (it’s the same as your option number) you picked on questions A, D, G, I and J.

Question B

Option 1 –10 points for types 1, 8 and 9
Option 2 –10 points for types 5, 6 and 7
Option 3 –10 points for types 2, 3 and 4

Question C

Option 1 –10 points for types 5, 6, 7 and 8
Option 2 –10 points for types 2, 4 and 9
Option 3 –10 points for types 1, 3 and 5

Question E

Option 1 –10 points for types 8, 1 and 5 points for type 9
Option 2 –10 points for types 2, 4 and 5 points for type 3
Option 3 –10 points for types 5, 7 and 5 points for type 6

Question F

Give between 10 and 20 points for the chosen types, proportionally to how well the descriptions fit you.

Question H

Option 1 –10 points for types 3, 6 and 7
Option 2 –10 points for types 8, 5 and 5 points for type 9
Option 3 –10 points for types 2, 4 and 15 points for type 9

Question K

Option 1 –10 points for types 2, 3 and 4
Option 2 –10 points for types 8, 9 and 1
Option 3 –10 points for types 5, 6 and 7

Question L

Option 1 –5 points for types 8, 9 and 1
Option 2 –10 points for types 2, 3 and 4
Option 3 –10 points for types 5, 6 and 7

Add up the points for each typology. The one with the highest score is probably your Enneagram type.

Comments

Gopi said…
Thanks a lot for the post
Anonymous said…
Well, that was incredibly accurate. I'm 9w1, 954 as my (probable) tritype and got exactly that. Thanks for posting this.

1 - 25
2 - 20
3 - 0
4 - 40*
5 - 40*
6 - 15
7 - 30
8 - 25
9 - 115*

Popular posts from this blog

PSTypes Enneagram Test

Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five

Chilhood Scenarios for Enneatypes: Law of Three